Stop the Thyroid Madness book, updated revision
PRESENTING: The 2019 “updated revision” of the classic Stop the Thyroid Madness book. It’s a life-changing patient-to-patient hypothyroid book on how to get well! Both softback and hardback!
What’s the same in this life-changing book?
This Stop the Thyroid Madness book, a classic “bible of patient experiences and wisdom” still contains the same chapter titles, the informative introduction by Janie A. Bowthorpe, and the life-changing experiences and wisdom of patients throughout. You’ll still read about..
- the history and problems with T4-only medications like Synthroid, Levothyroxine and other brands
- why Natural Desiccated Thyroid has been changing lives, plus history not seen anywhere else due to Janie’s diligence in research
- how the TSH lab is a huge failure
- a chapter focused on T3
- two adrenal chapters
- things patients have learned
- About foods, supplements, iron, B12, Vitamin D, labs. And more!
What’s been updated in the 2019 book?
A lot! Though the “updated revision” is a continuation of former excellent and breaking, PATIENT-TO-PATIENT, there is now updated information throughout the entire book where it’s needed!
- This time, there is a HARDBACK version of this bible of patient experiences!
- Names of outdated products removed throughout
- New products and names mentioned in several chapters
- Updated descriptions of products
- Updated descriptions of how patients are doing it all, which replaces outdated info
- A great deal of adrenal updates to chapters 5 and 6 including about the use of Adrenal Cortex (ACE), while still having info about hydrocortisone (HC).
- Numerous mentions of what being “optimal” means throughout the book, rather than just being “on” NDT
- More mentions of being on both synthetic T4 with synthetic T3 as an alternative option for those who have difficulty getting natural desiccated thyroid (NDT) or don’t want pork.
- What happens if one is not optimal on thyroid meds
- Additional tidbits at the end of some chapters while retaining some of the original ones
- Removal of the word “ferritin” right after the word “serum iron”. It’s about serum iron, not ferritin. Ferritin is only helpful to discern inflammation or a methylation problem, which is mentioned.
- Mention in the T4 chapter about Tirosint, but continues to explain the problem of forcing the body to live for conversion alone. It’s about FIVE hormones, not just T4.
- Light gray rectangular boxes throughout the book, meant to highlight certain important sentences and information.
- Updated info about the different kinds of iron products
- Several additions to the list of supplements and good foods
- A photo of an antique bottle of natural desiccated thyroid owned by Janie Bowthorpe—it’s been the best treatment for a long time!
- And more throughout that you will see and appreciate.
You will also see mention of a companion book for those who have Hashimoto’s, the autoimmune version of hypothyroidism called…
Hashimoto’s: Taming the Beast Read about this wonderful book here: https://stopthethyroidmadness.com/hashimotos-taming-the-beast/
Order either or both here: https://laughinggrapepublishing.com