Though Stop the Thyroid Madness is the mothership of worldwide patient experiences and wisdom, and has been the impetus to get a growing body of doctors to start prescribing NDT (though they haven’t yet stopped using the TSH lab test, sadly)…there have sprung numerous other thyroid websites and/or articles to consider. 🙂 🙂
Below are listed in no particular order, and this is not an exhaustive list. But they each have their positives, so wanted to mention them for your reading pleasure!
***By the way, let me know if a link stops working by using the Contact Me form at the bottom of this page. Thanks for helping!
- This is a sweet thyroid website by UK blogger and writer Rachel Hill, who has Hashi’s and who also adopts the original STTM philosophy to be your own best advocate! TheInvisibleHypothyroidism.com
- Jeffrey Dach MD not only supports natural desiccated thyroid and Stop the Thyroid Madness, he has a health website chock full of excellent information to improve your health. http://jeffreydachmd.com/
- Stephanie’s website revolving around her successful battle with thyroid cancer, plus information on children and thyroid. www.naturalthyroidchoices.com
- This website shows a strong connection between the use of iodine (which also benefits your thyroid) and breast health. www.breastcancerchoices.org
- An interview with Dr. David Derry concerning the fallacy of the TSH test, plus other good info. Rethinking the TSH Test: an interview by Dr. David Derry
- This was a site that was developed by Edna of the UK which provided a wealth of information on articles and research related to thyroid: www.thyroidresearch.com It went down after she passed away, but there is work being done to bring it back. We hope they succeed?? Please?? (2014).
- Downloadable graph and instructions for temperature-taking–a must! www.drrind.com
- This is a really technical site but where you can find gems here and there (we found on this site that the thyroid produces an equivalence of 3-5 grains, or 94-110 µg T4 and 10-22 µg T3 daily): www.thyroidmanager.org
- John Lowe’s Thyroid Science journal website, which isn’t update anymore since he passed away, but still good info: http://www.thyroidscience.com/
- Here is Marianne’s UK Well-Women website chock full of good information for women and good thyroid treatment: www.well-women.com
- Excellent overview of adrenals tuberose.com/Adrenal_Glands.html
- Support website by Chris for Hypopituitary issues (this website by Chris seems gone, so go here.)
- United Kingdom’s thyroid site by Lyn Mynott www.thyroiduk.org
- Thyroid Patient Advocacy-UK–thyroid advocacy site working to increase awareness for proper diagnosis and appropriate treatment for this disease. www.tpauk.com
- UK’s SheilaTurner’s website for downloadable & printable info to give to your doc. www.armourinfo.freeuk.com
- A sweet and very informative website concerning thyroid and adrenals. www.bestweb.net/~om/thyroid
- If you need to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius (or know the conversion of ANY kind of measurement), I highly recommend this site: http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/length (thanks Lynda of the UK)