Where to talk to other patients
Dear Thyroid friends, Below is a list of groups that I can feel comfortable listing, because no matter how good any other group looks and feels publicly, I could not feel comfortable sending you to any groups if the opposite in the worst way is going on behind the scenes, behind your backs.
Also note: there are social media groups who use STTM information, and often mix it with bad information they literally make up. Those groups do not represent STTM and I do not endorse them, especially with what I know still goes on behind your backs. It’s your risk, your choice.
DISCLAIMER: By using any patient discussion groups listed here, you are agreeing that there are no guarantees from STTM or the creator and it’s at your own risk with you taking full responsibility for that fact. STTM nor the creator of STTM take no responsibility for decisions you make by using them. Work with your doctor’s guidance–groups are NOT supposed to replace that. The list below is not in any order–scroll down for it all. You just need to find the one that you like the best…for YOU!
Another option: Janie Bowthorpe does paid, one-on-one coaching calls where she shares information as to what patients have learned over the years as compared to what you share. You can read about those coaching calls here.
A. Internet discussion groups (non-Facebook, run by patients, for patients)
Natural Thyroid Hormones International Yahoo group (NTH/NDT): This friendly and helpful yahoo discussion group was started by Janie in 2002 before STTM even existed, and today is run by patients who use STTM information. You have to request membership and give information about yourself. For Patients Only.
NTH Europe Yahoo group: This is a small NTH/NDT group which was started in 2010 and specifically for Europeans-only to discuss finding good doctors, good clinics and the use of natural desiccated thyroid or T3, etc in Europe. Note that you need to give some evidence of living in Europe when you ask to join. For European Patients Only.
B. Facebook groups to explore
ADRENAL FATIGUE AND THYROID CARE Facebook discussion group This is a relaxed privately-run group, and I do notice they use a lot of STTM information in the right way to help their members. They are friendly & former FTPO admins with good knowledge, and unlike others on Facebook, there’s no negative agenda, no making up of information. High integrity leadership.
GUT GROUP FOR THYROID PATIENTS This is another private group, connected to the above, of which the admins gladly took over from the former FTPO Gut group. It covers ways to eat healthy for thyroid or Hashimoto’s issues, SIBO, gluten, all forms of gut health. High integrity leadership.
AGE 60 AND OVER THYROID GROUP: This is a thyroid group specifically for those who are 60 and over and the unique issues faced as the body ages!
- IODINE WORKSHOP Facebook discussion group Run by Lynn Razaitis, plus the author about iodine by Lynne Farrow steps in occasionally. STTM information supports iodine use!!
- LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) Research Trust As of January 2016, it was decided this is quite the dynamic LDN site on Facebook where you will get solid information on the use of LDN, plus for Hashimoto’s antibodies.
- UNITED KINGDOM TPA-UK internet group Specifically if you live in the UK, this group was started by the dynamic Sheila of TPA-UK
- CONGENITAL HYPOTHYROIDISM Facebook discussion group This is for parents who through a newborn screening discovered that their baby was born with a deficiency of thyroid hormones. Not connected to STTM.
- New Zealand Facebook group Heard good things? But do let me know. Not connected to STTM.
C: These pages, not discussion groups, are connected to STTM
STOP THE THYROID MADNESS FACEBOOK PAGE Here you will find posts which are pertinent information pertaining to patient experiences and wisdom. Patients can comment on posts. Medical professionals welcome if you are eager to learn from patient experience and wisdom, but advertising your business or products is not welcome.
- STTM Blog Here is a place where you can read what’s on Janie’s mind or Guest posts for several years, and can comment! This is not a place for questions, just comments. But you can read what others are saying. Sign up with the Blog notification at the bottom of this page, which will send you an email when Janie posts. If you want to comment, click on the title of the blog post.
LAB WORK packages designed specifically for readers of Stop the Thyroid Madness with good prices–STTM Thyroid and Adrenal Lab Packages