Where to talk to other patients
Dear Thyroid friends,
Below are thyroid groups using nearly two decades of solid patient-to-patient experiences and observations, and NOT adding made up info, claiming it comes from STTM when it doesn’t. I decided to slim the below recommendations down to what you see.
DISCLAIMER: By using any patient discussion groups listed here, you are agreeing that there are no guarantees from STTM or the creator and it’s at your own risk with you taking full responsibility for that fact. STTM nor the creator of STTM take no responsibility for decisions you make by using them. Work with your doctor–groups are NOT supposed to replace that, but do help to make you better informed. The list below is not in any order–scroll down for it all. You just need to find the one that you like the best…for YOU!
NEED ONE ON ONE SUPPORT AND INFO?? Janie Bowthorpe does paid, one-on-one coaching calls where she shares information as to what patients have learned over the years as compared to what you share. You can read about those coaching calls here.
A. Internet discussion groups (non-Facebook, run by patients, for patients)
THE STTM GROUP—this is a non-Facebook discussion group which replaces the former Natural Thyroid Hormones International Yahoo group (NTH/NDT), which started in 2002 by STTM founder Janie Bowthorpe! This friendly and helpful discussion group focuses on having T3 in your treatment, whether a working Natural Desiccated Thyroid, or synthetic T4 with synthetic T3, or just T3. It’s run by patients who use STTM information. For Patients Only.
NTH Europe IO group: This is a small NTH/NDT or T3 group which was started in 2010 and specifically for Europeans-only to discuss finding good doctors, good clinics and the use of natural desiccated thyroid or T3, etc in Europe. AFTER REQUESTING TO JOIN, you will receive an email–respond to that with some kind of evidence of living in Europe when you ask to join. For European Patients Only. WE MOVED FROM THE YAHOO GROUP TO THIS GROUP!!
B. For age 60 and over ONLY
AGE 60 AND OVER THYROID GROUP: This is a thyroid group specifically for those who are 60 and over and the unique issues faced as the body ages!
The below are NOT directly associated with STTM. But they seem to have good info? You decide.
- IODINE WORKSHOP Facebook discussion group Run by Lynn Razaitis, plus the author about iodine by Lynne Farrow steps in occasionally. STTM information supports iodine use!!
- LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) Research Trust As of January 2016, it was decided this is quite the dynamic LDN site on Facebook where you will get solid information on the use of LDN, plus for Hashimoto’s antibodies.
- UNITED KINGDOM TPA-UK internet group Specifically if you live in the UK, this group was started by the dynamic Sheila of TPA-UK
- CONGENITAL HYPOTHYROIDISM Facebook discussion group This is for parents who through a newborn screening discovered that their baby was born with a deficiency of thyroid hormones. Not connected to STTM.
- New Zealand Facebook group Heard good things? But do let me know. Not connected to STTM.
C: These pages, not discussion groups, are connected to STTM
STOP THE THYROID MADNESS FACEBOOK PAGE Here you will find posts which are pertinent information pertaining to patient experiences and wisdom. Patients can comment on posts. Medical professionals welcome if you are eager to learn from patient experience and wisdom, but advertising your business or products is not welcome.
- STTM Blog Here is a place where you can read what’s on Janie’s mind or Guest posts for several years, and can comment! This is not a place for questions, just comments. But you can read what others are saying. Sign up with the Blog notification at the bottom of this page, which will send you an email when Janie posts. If you want to comment, click on the title of the blog post.
LAB WORK packages designed specifically for readers of Stop the Thyroid Madness with good prices–STTM Thyroid and Adrenal Lab Packages