All about Hashimoto’s: Taming the Beast
Hashimoto’s patients have it hard—a phrase created by and unique to Stop the Thyroid Madness, LLC, and it’s very, very true. This Hashimoto’s book is your patient-to-patient guide on how to TAME THE AUTOIMMUNE BEAST.
PRESENTING the life-changing, friendly, to-the-point, yet powerful patient-to-patient Hashimoto’s book…
Hashimoto’s: Taming the Beast by Janie A. Bowthorpe, M.Ed.
15 points about HASHIMOTO’S: TAMING THE BEAST book
- This life-changing book (a good companion book to the updated revision Stop the Thyroid Madness book), has purposely been put together as to the point about key information. It avoids chattiness or long pages of stories to help those of you with brain fog.
- This book starts out with key information about how a healthy immune system should work vs. one gone nutty.
- There’s a 10-point summary lowdown about Hashimoto’s to get you started.
- For all you geeks, one chapter explains all about antibodies plus information about genetics underlying the disease.
- Different from other listed stages, you’ll read how patients have described the stages of their Hashimoto’s disease.
- A HUGE BONUS: FOUR chapters fully pertaining to reported patient experiences and wisdom:
- Why and how Hashimoto’s patients go years without help or awareness of what is going on
- Patient-reported foods which were and are problematic for some and all the symptom
- 43 most frustrating aspects of having Hashi’s as expressed by patients (especially about doctors)
- 95 short testimonies on what patients are using or doing to successfully lower their antibodies
7. Like research? Then you’ll appreciate how Janie Bowthorpe has included a total of 241 footnotes throughout the book for further reference .
8. Additionally, one chapter simply summarizes 46 research articles pertaining to Hashi’s. And as intended, YOU can choose what to further read…or not.
9. You will be made aware of, or reminded about, a variety of environmental triggers that can either birth autoimmune Hashi’s in the first place or make one’s current antibodies worse.
10. There is a chapter totally focused on Hashimoto’s inflammation––in other words, labs to prove it, what it can do to you, what you need to do about it, supplements and foods to consider to counter inflammation. (Plus of course, good footnotes, and added URL’s in the body if needed)
11. Two excellent and informative chapters on different gut health problems to identify and treat, or be reacquainted with. They include symptoms, types under each category, ways to treat, and more.
12. Different lists of patient-reported symptoms within different chapters to help identify your issues, for example:
- chapter with symptoms from the autoimmune attack
- another chapter highlighting symptoms of adrenal problems
- more about hypothyroid symptoms that appear while on T4-only or being underdosed due to a doctor’s reliance on the lousy TSH lab test
- inflammation symptom list…etc.
13. Each chapter in Hashimoto’s: Taming the Beast has a lighthearted small drawing pertaining to the subject in order to send a friendly message about a serious topic, all drawn by Janie A. Bowthorpe, M.Ed. who is an artist.
14. There is a blank “NOTES” page at the end of each chapter where you can put page numbers to remember or additional information which you have gleaned in this book or others! That way, you don’t have to flip through all the pages to find what was important to you
15. This book encourages you to underline, highlight, dog-ear, paper clip, and use the NOTES page at the end of each chapter. This is YOUR guide on how to TAME THE BEAST. You can even skip past what you don’t want to read to the next part you do want to read. Then come back at another time.
WANT TO TAME THE BEAST? YOU CAN from this excellent patient-to-patient Hashimoto’s book! ORDER HERE: https://laughinggrapepublishing.com
And here’s the companion book about 17 years of treatment wisdom: